Your Monthly Texell Member Newsletter
Help for Small Business: Virtual Seminar Series
Find tools to boost your business in our virtual seminar series. These seminars are presented by representatives of the McLennan Small Business Development Center and Small Business Administration.
Jan. 26 — What Can the SBA Do for You?
Feb. 23 — Business Financial Literacy
March 23 — How to Apply for an SBA Loan
Register for one, two, or all of these seminars to learn about the range of services offered by the SBA, important business records to keep, and where to get help with your SBA loan application. Visit Texell.org/Events for details and to register.
Texell Celebrates 75 Years of Serving You!
Texell Credit Union celebrates 75 years of service to our members in 2023. With humble beginnings in a small office in the Veterans Center, Texell continues to grow and expand our services. Thank you to our members — we look forward to many more years to come!As part of the celebration, we will have many fun surprises and giveaways, including a new car! In December 2023, we’ll draw one lucky winner to receive a 2023 Hyundai Kona¹ SEL IVT in lunar white. Current members and new members receive one entry. Visit Texell.org/75years for additional details. Follow us on Facebook to stay updated on events throughout 2023.
Start saving now with 0% APR² for 18 months and a low 1% balance transfer fee.
Texell makes it easy to transfer and save on interest. Pay down your high-interest debt with a balance transfer to your Texell Platinum BONUS or Signature BONUS Credit Card. After your 18-month promotional period, your rate will reset to the low balance transfer rate in the credit card disclosure.This is a limited-time offer: All balance transfer requests must post to your account by Feb. 28, 2023. Visit Texell.org/transfer to get started, or call us toll-free at 855.773.1604.
How Credit Card Balance Transfers Work
A balance transfer involves moving debt from one credit account to a different credit account, usually to get a lower interest rate. Credit cards offering a 0% APR — or 0% interest rate — on balance transfers do not charge any interest for the promotional period’s term. If you are looking to reduce high-interest credit card debt, this may be a strategic move. Transferring high-interest debt to a lower interest rate card can save you hundreds of dollars in interest or allow you to pay the balance off faster.
Pick the term that fits your budget and watch your certificates grow. For a limited time, we're offering:
- 4-month Certificates at 1.50% APY3
- 6-month Certificates at 3.75% APY
- 36-month Certificates at 4.50% APY
Open your certificate today:
Visit: Any branch location
Additional terms and rates are available on Texell.org/Certificates-and-IRAs. New members are always welcome.
3 APY = Annual Percentage Yield. Rate effective 12/20/22 and is subject to change. Penalty for early withdrawal. $1,000 minimum balance to open certificate and earn dividends.
Using your ATM or debit card is a simple, hassle-free way to get cash, make purchases and more. To enjoy the many conveniences cards offer, make protecting your ATM or debit card a priority. Here are some important safety tips:
- Treat your card like cash — store it in a safe place.
- Keep your personal identification number (PIN) to yourself. No one needs to know your PIN, not even Texell.
- Take your receipt with you. Do not leave it at or near an ATM or at the point of sale.
- Shop carefully online — only use secure sites and network connections.
- Report a lost or stolen card at once.
- Review your account statements regularly.
- Never disclose personal information in response to an unsolicited request.
Drive-thru ATM Safety
- Keep your doors locked and engine running at a drive-through ATM.
- Always leave enough room between vehicles to allow for a quick exit.
- Before rolling down the window to use an ATM, observe the area for suspicious activity.
- Minimize the time spent at the ATM.
- If anyone follows you after making an ATM transaction, drive immediately to a crowded, well-lit area and call the police.
On Feb. 1, 2023, the following fee changes will be effective:
Third-party verification of deposit — $10.00 per item
Partial release of lien — $200.00 per release